ASPARAGUS WITH POACHED EGG AND HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
1 bunch asparagus (white or green)
1 packaging Sokołów raw smoked bacon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
fat for frying
parsley leaves for decoration
2 l water
40 ml vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 sprig rosemary
2 grains allspice
1 bay leaf
50 ml white wine vinegar
2 egg yolks
200-250 g clarified butter
Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Prepare asparagus: remove the white fibrous skin. If you’re using the green variety just remove the woody part. Cook in water with salt and sugar. After cooking the asparagus should be firm. Next, wrap the asparagus in a slice of bacon and fry in a little bit of oil until golden brown.
- Prepare eggs Benedict: pour 2 l of water and 40 ml of wine vinegar into a pot. Add salt and bring to boil. When the water begins to boil, use a spoon to make a whirl in the water and pour cracked eggs (one at a time). Boil for 2-3 minutes, then remove using a slotted spoon.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce: cut shallots into slices. Put rosemary, allspice and bay leaf into a pan. Pour wine vinegar over the ingredients. Boil until the liquid reduces by half. Remove the spices to get sauce the hollandaise sauce base.
- Blend the egg yolks and reduced vinegar in water bath until homogeneous, smooth and fluffy. Add warm clarified butter while mixing vigorously. Mix until the whole has a mayonnaise-like consistency. Season with salt, freshly ground pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Put asparagus wrapped in bacon and poached eggs on plates. Pour hollandaise sauce over the ingredients. Garnish with parsley before serving.