BAKED ROAST BEEF WITH TARTAR SAUCE
baked-roast-beef-with-tartar-sauce--.pdf (536.85 KB)
1 kg Qulinarna Uczta roast beef
2-3 cloves garlic
10 pickled cucumbers
1 small jar of capers in brine
1 small jar of mayonnaise
2 bunches parsley leaves
2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil or clarified butter
salt, freshly ground pepper
- Take the meat out of its packaging, dry with paper towel, then use a sharp knife to cut off the membranes and the fascia. Dry once again. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat the vegetable oil or clarified butter in a pan and fry the meat on each side until golden brown.
- Thoroughly chop garlic and thyme. Mix with a small amount of oil or clarified butter, and then rub the mixture on the roast and put in the oven.
- Use one of the two cooking methods:
• at high temperature, i.e. 160°C - approx. 45 minutes,
• at low temperature, i.e. 70°C - approx. 2 hours.
The temperature inside the roast should not exceed 56°C. Letting the meat rest after roasting will make it juicier.
- Prepare tartar sauce: finely dice peeled onions, capers and pickled cucumbers, then squeeze carefully to remove excess fluid (creating thick sauce). Mix vegetables with mayonnaise and chopped parsley. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Cut roast beef into thin slices and put on plates. Serve with tartar sauce. Before serving, you can decorate the dish with pea sprouts and French mustard.