CHRISTMAS HAM WITH POTATO DUMPLINGS AND CRANBERRIES
1 packaging Sokołów Christmas ham
1 kg potatoes
1-1.5 glass wheat flour + a little bit for dusting
3 heaped tablespoons cornflour
pinch of salt
Cranberries for meat:
600 g frozen cranberries
1/2 glass cane sugar
350 ml red, semi-dry wine
150 ml vegetable broth
3 tablespoons honey
1 piece cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons flour (wheat or rice)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Prepare ham: remove meat from the packaging and place on a baking tray. Put in an oven preheated to 100°C and bake for 90 minutes. Then remove the ham, cut the casing, remove the net and put the meat into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with a mix of spices, which is located in a sachet inside the box, and put in the oven again. This time the oven should have a temperature of 200 ° C. Bake for 15 minutes. Take the meat out of the oven and cut into slices.
- Prepare dumplings: peel the potatoes, boil, cool and squeeze through a press or a grinder. You can also bake them in the oven or cook in their skins. Combine the potatoes with potato flour and wheat flour and knead the dough quickly. Tear off portions of dough, form rolls and use the knife to divide them into dumplings approx. 3 cm long. If the dough is sticky, use extra flour to dust the countertop. Cook dumplings in salted water (keep in boiling water for 2 minutes after they surface). Remove using a slotted spoon. Before serving, you can fry them in oil.
- Prepare cranberries: throw fruits into the pot. Add sugar and half a glass of water. Cook for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently until the excess water has evaporated and vegetables are tender. Cool and put into a jar.
- Prepare wine sauce: heat up fat in a frying pan. Add the flour and mix thoroughly so there are no lumps. Warm for a while. Add broth, wine, spices and honey. Cook, stirring frequently. The sauce is ready when it is thick and slightly reduced.
- Arrange two slices of ham and dumplings on plates. Serve with cranberries and wine sauce.