EASTER SALAD WITH WHITE SAUSAGE AND EGGS
6 leaves corrugated lettuce
3 white Naturrino sausages
3 slices wholemeal bread
1/2 bunch green asparagus
12 quail eggs
1 cup cherry tomatoes
salt, freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon thick natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons horseradish
- Mix all sauce ingredients thoroughly. Put quail eggs in boiling water, boil for 3-4 minutes, then pour cold water over them, peel and dry.
- Remove hard ends from asparagus, boil in salted water for 5 minutes, then pour cold water over them and cut into 3 pieces.
- Remove casing from the sausages and then cut them into slices and put on a hot pan. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slices turn slightly golden brown. Put on a plate lined with a paper towel and set aside to cool.
- Toss diced bread on the pan with the fat that’s left from the sausages. Fry, stirring occasionally until the bread is golden brown bread on each side (3-4 minutes). Put toasts on a plate lined with a paper towel. Cut tomatoes into halves.
- On a platter put alternately the lettuce leaves (broken into smaller fragments), tomatoes, sausage, toasts, asparagus and eggs. Pour the sauce, then sprinkle with freshly ground pepper.