PANCAKES WITH BACON, SAUERKRAUT AND NUTS
3 “M” sized eggs
150 g natural homogenised cheese
2/3 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground chilli flakes
1 pinch baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 package Sokołów raw smoked bacon
1 cup drained sauerkraut
2 tablespoons almonds
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
8 dried apricots
sandwich cream cheese for serving
sprigs of rosemary, chopped almonds, fresh cranberries
- Mix the eggs, homogenised cheese, flour, baking powder and spices until the dough has a smooth texture.
- Cut onion into feathers, and bacon into strips.
- Finely chop the almonds and cut the apricots into strips.
- Combine the cabbage, onion, bacon and nuts in a bowl, then pour in the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Fry the pancakes in hot oil on both sides until golden (about 4 minutes on each side). Place the finished pancakes on a paper towel. Serve with cream cheese, topped with chopped almonds, and garnished with fresh cranberries and rosemary.